APPLYING FOR YOUR VISA
You could click HERE or read following explanation to understand the process.
Step 1: Find out what type of visa you need, make an online application and book your appointment
Start your journey by visiting the UK government Visas and Immigration website https://www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa:
• To find out what type of visa you will need and what documents you will need to prepare
• Fill your application form online, pay visa fee (and User Pay Fee when applicable) and book an appointment at our Visa Application Centre
After completing and paying for your application on the UK Visas and Immigration website, you will receive a unique GWF Number, please take note of this number as you will need it when registering on the TLScontact website.
You will be able to check your appointment details whenever you log on to the UK Visas and Immigration website.
Please bring copy of the receipt and appointment confirmation email when you attend your appointment.
Step 2: Create your account on our website and start enjoying our services
Create your account on our website to start enjoying the following benefits:
• Easy check in when attending your appointment
• Purchase Added Value Services if you are looking for more convenience or an enhanced application experience
• Start enabling your application status tracker
• Please ensure that you are registering on the TLScontact website corresponding to the Visa Application Centre where you have booked your appointment on https://www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa website;
• Please read the services terms and conditions.
Step 3: Attend your appointment at our Visa Application Centre
Please arrive on time to our Visa Application Centre and check in at Welcome Desk in person by showing your passport and appointment confirmation email.
We always aim at providing you a great experience but please note that you may have to rebook an appointment if you are late.
Once checked-in, we will:
1. Review your application’s documents;
2. Enrol your biometric data (unless you benefit from an exemption) by capturing your fingerprint and taking your photo;
3. Transfer your application to UKVI for assessment and processing.
Prepare Your Documents For Your Appointment
If you are applying for a settlement visa, please see the guidance on providing supporting documentation here.
When you attend your appointment at the Visa Application Centre, you are required to bring a number of documents with you:
- printed copies of your appointment confirmation,
- printed receipt(s) of payment of Added Value Services if applicable,
- original documents,
- online application form,
- residence permit if applicable,
- other documents you want considered.
You will need to decide for yourself which documents best meet the Immigration Rules. For suggestions about the additional types of documents you might see GOV.UK.
From March, 2017 customers applying for a UK visa using our standard or Priority Visa services will benefit from digital improvements to the UK visa application process. TLScontact will scan your supporting documents whilst you’re at the visa application centre, and then give back your documents to you immediately. They will then send these digital documents to UK Visa & Immigration for their officers to assess your application in the usual way.
In order to avoid delays in the visa application centre, we kindly ask all visa applicants to prepare the following:
- Bring your original passport (or travel document) and residence permit/national ID card (if applicable);
- Bring A4 copies of all your supporting documents. Copies must be of reasonably good quality to be readable when scanned. Use coloured copies if needed;
- If you want to submit old passport as supporting documents, you must provide copies of it as well;
- Remove any clips or pins from documents before submitting them.
If you have documents that are not in English or Welsh, you need to provide a full translation that can be independently verified by the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI).
Each translation must include a signed statement from the translator, confirming that it accurately reflects the original document. This statement must be dated in the DD/MM/YYYY and include the translator’s full name and contact details.
• Any applicant under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by an adult when submitting their visa application (and the adult should be present during the biometrics process).
• TLScontact has no role, neither can influence the decision on the visa application outcome;
• UKVI may ask for additional information, or document, or an interview. If this happens, you will be contacted by email with detailed instructions.
Step 4: Wait for decision notification & Passport Return
By logging into your account on our website, you can check at your convenience your visa application’s status.
Moreover, we will send you an email notification when your passport has been returned to us by UKVI and is ready for collection.
Not always on your email ? We also provide SMS notification service as another option to save you the trouble to keep checking.
To collect your passport at the Visa Application Centre, please ensure to come with the following documents:
1. Original TLScontact checklist (Form provided to you after the documents reviewing);
2. Copy and original of your photographic ID;
For alternative passport return ways, please check FAQ session.